There’s no doubt there’s plenty to do at Marabou during the summer months without even leaving the comfort of your private ranch in Steamboat. Between the fabulous fly fishing, amazing horseback riding, spectacular hiking, and exciting mountain biking trails; a person is hardly ever missing an opportunity for adventure. Relaxing at the spa, catching a film in the theater, or floating in the pool, are all ways to enjoy a lazy summer afternoon. For a change of view however, head into Steamboat Springs for some memorable experiences. Here are five of the best ways to see Steamboat Springs:
- Helicopter Tour– Steamboat is best seen with a birdseye view. Schedule a flight and soar over Emerald Mountain watching the downhill bikers careen through the trees. Be sure to see the Sleeping Giant and Fish Creek Falls from above as well.
- Hot Air Balloon– Nothing beats the view of the Yampa Valley from the oldest form of flight transportation. Look down at lush meadows and peer eye to eye with mountain peaks as you soar silently in the air. Rise and shine, you’ll be getting up early with the sun!
- Hike Go for a walk on one of the many trails snaking all around Steamboat. You can keep it simple and stroll the Core Trail that meanders through town along the Yampa River, or you can grab your hiking boots and adventure into the Routt National Forest.
- Bike– Biking is its own culture in Steamboat. There are all forms of riding, ranging from the family friendly Yampa River Core Trail, miles of cross country singletrack, or the bike park and jump park to be enjoyed. The American League of Bicyclists named Steamboat Springs one of 18 cities nationwide to earn a gold level Bicycle Friendly Community designation in 2013.
- Float– Whether you’re looking for a thrilling rafting adventure down the Elk, or a relaxing float on the Yampa, Steamboat has you covered. Drive a few miles north of town and check out Steamboat Lake, visit the marina and rent a boat. Head to Stagecoach Reservoir and try your hand at paddleboarding. With all the rivers and lakes in Routt County, there’s plenty of splash time to be had.
Take the time to explore all that Steamboat Springs has to offer. There are countless opportunities to get out and get moving! Or, get comfortable, pour a glass and relax on the porch. Either way, we’ll still be here.